Thursday, October 16, 2008

New Tables

After using eight bottles of spay paint which includes our primer and top coat we are done with our kitchen table. It did take some patience and lots of coasts of paint but I think our table looks very good. I will have to say it was a lot of fun for me and Nate to do together and a learning experience. Just a tip for anyone who tries this do not use spray paint even though it sounds a lot faster. On another subject all together I have been looking for some table for my house to put right as you walk in. Yesterday I went with Joy, Nate's cousin's wife to ikea to look for some other things and I found what I wanted. Joy turned me on to the "as is" section at ikea where I found the two small black tables that fit perfect. The best part of it all is they were only forty dollars for the both of them. I had been looking and had thought I was going to spend over a hundred for what I wanted but this was a very great surprise. I feel this is a great step in making this Nate and I a home.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I love the table. i need to paint my kitchen table black. i think you've inspired me!

Brett and Becca Muir said...

I love the table!! and the decorations on the table are so cute.

wishesUT said...

Looks good! You are way more ambitioius than me, so I'm impressed.

jen&boys said...

Nicely done!